Denelian

Be mischievous -- it feels good

11.05.2006

Firsts

This is my first blog entry and frankly, it's just weird. It's weird, but not weird enough to be unlike many other firsts.

The other day, trying to teach nineth graders about the value of education, (a first in itself) I made the fatal mistake of telling them that high school was great, and it was there that "I had many firsts". The room was instantly filled with an array of ooohs and heys, hands covering mouths, and a plethera of NON school appropriate comments. You'd think I would know by now how to avoid that kind of distraction.

Firsts, I supose there is nothing like a first. How could there be?

Why does a first have to be so scary? Aren't firsts what we do most of the time anyway? I wonder.

I'm getting ready to buy my first house. I maintain that it is scary. Even as I become more educated; and knowledge is half the battle, so they say, I remain scared. Surely I will stay scared until I move up on the teacher's pay scale... for the first time.

Tomorrow is monday, the first day of the workweek. First day of the workweek is not nearly as scary as first "gig" at a bar when all you know are Jesus songs.

4 Comments:

Blogger girlfriday said...

Wow. You're here. Groovy!

What bar, woman, and why didn't we know? Or was that your call on Friday?

(You should know you have ninth misspelled in your post. Ha!)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Lois E. Lane said...

Isn't it groovy? You go, Miss W!

So girlfriday got a call Friday ... interesting :) I'm sure you did great, Miss. You're a super star in my eyes!

11:32 AM  
Blogger Lois E. Lane said...

When are you going to post again? I'm going through withdrawels!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Lois E. Lane said...

Your fans are waiting!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home