Denelian

Be mischievous -- it feels good

10.17.2007

Sincerity

"Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, like men sent from God."
2 Corinthians 2:16,17

"Now this is our boast: Our conscience testifies that we have conducted ourselves in the world, and especially in our relations with you, in the holiness and sincerity that are from God. We have done so not according to worldly wisdom but according to God's grace."
2 Corinthians 1:11-13


It’s like a drink of cool water, a breath of fresh air, a swim in a clear lake, a perfect line down a freshly powdered mountain. SINCERITY!

Once again, I find myself pushing and pulling to find that spot of perfect tension, not ease, but tension where I must live… and rest.

The pushing is truth and the pulling is love. Where can I find this place of tension, and ultimately, rest? In sincerity. It’s so refreshing to know that what is truly most effective is simply me being me…sincere.

I’ve spent so many a laborious day peddling, and peddling, striving in my flesh to speak the truth in love. I’ve also spent no less days straining to use my liberal education, i.e. worldly wisdom, to filter truth and love.

No more. I’m just going to be sincere, and breathe easy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home